Friday, October 10, 2008

Christa is sick =(

Well it started yesterday. She woke up saying her head hurt and felt really warm. So I checked her temp and it was 101.7, so I gave her Tylenol and she took naps off and on all day. We had plans to get our pics taken at Sears at 5pm and was gonna leave it up to how Christa was feeling. So she woke up about 2:30pm and she was still running fever and I went ahead and canceled our pics. She just looked like she wasn't feeling good. Poor thing! I really felt bad for her. So I ran and got a few things at the store and me and mom made her home made veggie stew soup and I got Christa chicken soup to eat. So we all ate and watched tv most of the evening Yesterday. I gave Christa Motrin before she went to bed. Cause they say to rotate tylenol and motrin when they have fever. So this morning, she woke up with a fever of 102.7, so I already had a doc appt set up for her for 11:40am, so I called to see if they had a earlier one, cause she was complaining about her head really hurting. They didn't have one, so she slept most of the morning and then just me and her went to the doc, while my mom watched the little ones. Well the doc, looked at everything on her and when they got to her throat, he showed me that her tonsils were swollen. So I thought that it was weird, cause she never complained about her throat hurting or anything. So he said she had tonsillitus and then did a strep test just to see if she had that too. So we went to take the test to lab and then to get her prescription and while waiting, I remembered I had to get a doc note for her to take to school, so we went back to the doc and thats when they told me the strep test was positive. So they gave me a note for her to take to school and we were on our way, I gave her the amoxicillian in the car on the way home. Got home, gave her some more tylenol and she slept, woke up and didn't have a fever and was totally herself again. So we decided to go out check out that Chinese/Japinese buffet on Mayport road, I wasn't impressed at all! Then we took the girls bowling on base. Christa had so much fun and never complained about pain or anything, so I hope that means its a start of this infection goes away. I really just hope, me and the girls don't get it too. We've made it one month through this deployment and it was a rough one, but we survived. So anyhow, its time for my mom to go back to Missouri tomorrrow, so I will be taking her to the airport tomorrow morning. The girls are really gonna take it hard I think. They love their Nana. So I just hope its not too rough on them, cause her being here, has been a big help to me, but they just love the attention they get from her. So anyhow, I will update on Christa tomorrow. Night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope she is feeling better..