Friday, December 5, 2008

My day and update on my next doc visit.

Well I had a lazy start to my day. I was up early morning talking to my hubby through email. He told me that there was a accident out there already were a sailor did something and got caught. But sad part about it, was that he just got 2nd class rank and now will go back to just being a airman. So yeah I am not gonna mention anymore, cause all I have to say is "His Poor Wife" . Anyhow I have been catching my hubby online alot where we can just chat back and forth through email. Its nice to be able to talk and my hubby told me he always puts my picture next to the computer, so its like hes talking to me. Awww...thats so sweet! As for me all I have to do is look up and on the wall is his bootcamp pic. I stare at that pic alot along with the ones on the refridgerator and desktop on our computer. I try to imagine him with me all the time. And my favorite thing, is when he calls and talks to the girls and just seeing their eyes light up when they hear his voice and then smile. It lets me know that everything will be ok. We'll be ok. We will get through this deployment and probably several more.
So anyhow, now on to talk about my next doc appt. So for those of you that don't know, I have a major gap in my stomach muscles caused from my pregnancies and lack of stong muscles before I got pg. So therefore, I am left with horrible back pain and tenderness in my front belly. I have been reffered to a surgeon at NAS JAX and then they reffered me to a plastic surgeon. So then I went, got pictures taken of my belly, watched vidoes of what and how the surgery goes, and then I had to wait on Tricare to approve it. Well I was very upset when they denied me, so then I was told to appeal and I did. I wrote my own letter to them along with my doc records and again was denied. I thought it was hopeless and I would have to live with it. So my back continued to bother me and I went back to the doc. (a male) And he sits there telling me that I need to lose weight and I was like "I have lost weight, and the reason my belly sticks out in the front like this is because of my muslces. So even tho he put me in phyical therapy, I was upset. How could a doc tell you to lose weight and not really act like hes interested. I felt like he came in and didn't pay any attention to what I had to say and just threw me into Phyical Therapy and that was the conclusion....Grrr. So anyhow, I went to therapy and we did excersies that were suppose to help bring my muscles back together and I believe there was a little progress. The way we measured my gap in my stomach muscles was, I would lay down and dig my elbows into the table and tighten my stomach....She would measure me by how many fingers in between and can you believe when we first started it was 8 fingers across. I mean imagine putting your 2 hands together and that width, minus 2 fingers!~? Thats how far this gap is in my stomach. Its CRAZY! So we would measure in 3 different places and had moved them, to what seemed like 1 finger length in 2 mths!!! So after tricare was done paying for me to go there and nothing else changed. Again I was back to "What the hell can I do to convince these doctors that I need this surgery. I was still struggling with back pain and then tenderness in my stomach. It hurts when my daughters come and jump on my lap and push on my stomach...thats how bad. And it kills me that I can't hold my little ones for a long time, cause my back just aches in pain. So when my mom came to visit after Jeremy left on deployment. I went back to the doc, but a female this time and she was also reffered to me by a friend. So she took one look at me and examined my stomach and sent me back to NAS JAX surgery dept. So I was like Great its a repeat of what happen the first time. So I seen the same doc I saw before and he checked my stomach and made me do different things to see how the gap was progressing. He asked me about tricare and them denying me. So when he started talking about sending me back to a plastic surgeon again. I told him " So tell me, am I wasting my time going to all these docs just to hear them give me excuses or tell me tricare won't pay for it....Do I really need this surgery or am I just wasting my time? Cause I am tired of putting up with this pain and I am being treated like its no big deal...And he looks at me and says "Yes maam you definitely need this surgery, cause its not like its a small gap, its huge and its just gonna keep getting worst...so thats what I wanted to hear. So then I talk to a woman in plastic surgery there and she told me if tricare denies me again, to call and talk to her. The doc then went on to say that maybe last time they didn't go into alot of detail writing it up and now they need to write more into detail. So I left there feeling pretty good about it this time. Well I got the letter in the mail and they were gonna send me to the same plastic surgeon in GA. So I called to see if I could get it switched to a FL plastic surgeon. And sure enough they gave me 3...so the first one I called to see if they do the surgery that I would need and they called me back and said they did. So as of right now I have a appt with them on Dec 29th. I made sure to make the appt around the time my mom and dad would be here, so I could either go by myself, or have my mom go with me and Papa watch the girls....so I hope this time everything works out and I pray tricare will consider acepting what these plastic surgeons might say...please keep me in your prayers....Well TTYL

No comments: