Monday, December 15, 2008

A year in review

Sorry had to steal this from a blog I follow...its a good idea and looked like fun...lol



1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
live in Fl for 2 years, going through our first deployment and handling everything and 3 kids by myself. went through our first hurricane scare, gosh I am trying to think, but thats all I can come up with for now.

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yeah right every year, its always to lose weight, but that never happens, cause once I lose it, it always seems to come back. But I am gonna try harder in 2009, I promise!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Christy and Nicolle

4. Did anyone close to you die?
well recently my babysitter that use to watch me after school when I was little past away. She was such a nice woman. =(

5. What countries did you visit?
Never left America.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
sleep, girls night out, more time with just me and my hubby.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?
well March because we went back to MO to visit family and got pics of our WHOLE family with my step daughters. Sept because that is the month my hubby left to go over seas and it being our first deployment.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
well I would have to say this deployment, cause I have learned that I can handle 3 kids on my own and keep the household running, pay bills, fix things that I thought I couldn't, and always trying to remind my girls that Daddy is thinking of them and missing them. Teaching my girls alot of things, but most of all praying alot more. I taught them the sign of the cross and we pray every night before bed now.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I would have to say being lazy some days, yelling alot when I shouldn't and just be hateful at times, and its all because I get mad at myself most of the time.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well I have had major back pain and stomach tenderness due to a large gap in my stomach muscles and I am seeing another plastic surgeon in a few weeks and I pray that they can help me and tricare will approve it. Other then just a head cold, we all have been pretty healthy.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new flat screen TV for the living room, the parts for my hubby to rebuild the motor in my car, and recently my new vacuum cleaner.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
what the heck does this mean?? I guess if it means whose behavior was good I would have to say my hubby for putting up with me.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
my kids stress me out sometimes, but who doesn't have stress in their life. I am a military wife, its just what I do .

14. Where did most of your money go?
our new tv, bills, and FOOD

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
going home to visit family in March....Going to the beach in the summer

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?
I have no idea


17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier/sadder,thinner/heavier,richer/poorer?
saddier because my hubby is gone, not rich, but not poor, and heavier and in the process of changing that...

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
played with my kids, and spent more time appreciating my hubby rathar then arguing about stupid things.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
time spent on my computer, yelling

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
This is our first Christmas in FL since hubby is away, so my parents are coming to visit us for the holidays.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
My best friends in MO, my mom, Jeremy

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
I don't think so.

23. How many one night stands in this last year?
A dozen. Kidding! Just kidding! What kind of crazy question is that?

24. What was your favourite TV program?
Gosh there are so many, friends, CSI, Sex in the city, Charmed, The biggest Loser, House, Law in Order, Days of our Lives, Starter Wife, Army Wives, ER, I could go on and on

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
no just annoyed with some

26. What was the best book(s) you read?
I don't read books, I read magazines when I have the time.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Well I learned that I am so not up to date with the newest music. But I listen to alot Hannah Montana and Cheetah Girls because my 6 year old loves them. Also realized that I like the The High School Musical movies and Camp Rock.

28. What did you want and get?
some clothes was in desprate need of some new ones, and support from family and friends

29. What did you want and not get?
a new bedroom set, my surgery on my stomach cause the insurance denied me.

30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Well the ones we saw in the theater were, "The Chipmunks" Cute movie, Wall-e I wasn't thrilled with that one, And high school musical 3. That one was good. As for adult movies, I liked the new sex in the city, 26 dresses, Maid of Honor, Four Christmases, Over her dead body,

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
was just a regular day, got a card and necklace from my mom and I turned........28 on Nov 28th....weird cause my brother turns 23 on Dec 23rd.

32. What's one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
HAHA more money...but that makes me sound greedy, so probably just getting to see family and friends back home more. And hubby not being shipped off.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Well I don't get my buy myself too much, so style isn't a opinion for me...when I do shop for myself, I try to shop for casual but comfy things.

34. What kept you sane?
Oh that's a good one! Me, sane! Bahahaha

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Well I agree Matthew Perry is hot!

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
the election.

37. Who did you miss?
My hubby! friends and family back in MO

38. Who was the best new person you met?
I met a TON of people this past year! I can't pick just one.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Maddi is our picky eatter like her daddy
Don't leave kids alone with play-do
Don't give my little ones crayons, unless they are at the table drawing and I am there with them.
Only clean alittle at a time, cause if you clean everything, you'll just have to go back and clean it all again..haha had to throw that one in there.
Yelling at my kids isn't always the right thing to do .
Don't let my little ones play with my make up when I am putting my make up on, cause then they think they can just go in there anytime and put them on theirselves....oh that was a mess! haha
If I make a To-do list, I am pretty good at getting it all done.
When my kids have a attuitde with me, I learn to just walk away and let them get over it.
I have learned that taking care of 3 kids, a house, the van, and everything else that goes a keeping a household running, that I can do all this on my own. I can fix things that I thought I couldn't and would normally have hubby do, I have learned that by doing the little things, like having a big map in our hallway to show the girls where daddy is on the ship and having pics all over the house of him, that they understand whats going on so much better then just talking to them about this deployment.
( I am sure there are soo much more that I have learned this year, but this is just a few...lol )

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
Well the only one that comes to mind is "All I want for Christmas is you" Cause Jeremy, I really love you and miss you and can't wait until you come home.

No comments: