Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Good Deed
Well lets see started off my day by getting Christa off to school and then I got on the comp and decided that I need to post somewhere about all the baby girl clothes I have and get rid of them. Well the first one to respond was a foster mother. She told me she had 2 little girls ages 1 and 2 and needed some clothes. So I told her I would be glad to help, but I had to wait until my hubby got home to meet her off base. So I cleaned around the house and played with my little ones. When Jeremy finally got home, I explain to him that I would be helping a foster mother. I forgot to mention that she wanted my high chair too. But I had a price on it, because its a name brand one. So anyhow, Christa and I jumped in the car and headed off to meet her. On the way, I saw 2 umbrella strollers on the side of the road and picked them up. I thought maybe she would need them too. She took all 3 bags, and gave me $15 for my high chair.Plus the 2 strollers. She was a very nice lady. The story on the girls, were they are all sisters and they came to her from a very abusive family and never really had anything nice. After helping her load everything, she asked me and Christa if we want to meet the girls I was donating to. So we got to meet them. They were all 3 black girls. And they were beautiful little girls. They didn't say much. But I told the lady that they are so blessed to have people like you to take care of them. So I am happy that I could help her. After that we went to pick up some clothes from freecycle for Alexa. I got some nice clothes and shoes for Alexa. Then I went to get some food and went home. We ate dinner and then I decided that I was going to take picture of all the suff I want to get rid of and put them on myspace and maybe some other group and see if I can get anything for them. I have alot of nice name brand stuff, so who ever gets them will have nice things. I also got a email from the lady I donated to and she said Thank you for all the nice clothes and that those girls were gonna be in the nicest dressed on their block. I am so glad that I can make a difference in someone's life. It makes you appreciate what you have. Cause there are so many people that don't get as nice of things as we do. Well I guess that was my wonderful day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment