Well I have been doing alot of thinking lately about what I want to go to college for. I mean I went to Mineral Area College right out of High School. And my first thing I THOUGHT I wanted to do was Graphic Arts. I took some classes, then I got pregnant with my first daughter, I went back to finished my semester and then 6 mths after I started my 2nd semester, I had gall bladder problems, became jaundice and had to get sent to all these docs, that after going to St. Louis a few times said I needed to get my gall bladder taken out. So I had to drop out of my classes, cause I was so sick and to top it off, it was all around Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Christmas. So needless to say all the yummy food I could have been eating, I couldn't cause it would have just came back up. So then when that was all done, I started working at Wal Mart in Electronics. And then I went back to college for Business Management. My daughter was growing up and honestly, I passed my classes, but wasn't really into it. Then when my daughter was a year and half, that Christmas I moved out of my Mom and Dads and into my own apartment. So I continued working days at Walmart and doing night classes with College. Thank goodness I had parents that would watch my daughter at night and she went to a really good daycare while I worked during the day. I have to say I struggled working pay check to pay check, by myself, and even tho, I should have been getting child support for my daughter, her father couldn't ever keep a job, so I couldn't depend on that. So I did ok paying my own bills and my main focus was my daughter and school. I really was getting burnt out on college after awhile, so when I met my now husband and got pg with our first daughter, I just never went back after I finished my last semester. Now I regret it. I wish I would have continued going. So now that brings me to here and right now. I don't know if I want to continue in Busniess Management. I have always wanted to do hair or Cosmotology, but people always told me there wasn't much money in it. But to this day, I have 3 daughters and I love absolutely love doing their hair. I always want to try new things, sometimes they let me other times they hate when I ask, but its something that I considered right now. Then I think I should continue something that I can relate some of my business credits too. Like I considered Medical Office Management, and even Administrative Office Management. Then I even thought about A Medical Assistant. But nothing really calls out to me. I really want to do cosmotology, but something in my gut is telling me to wait and do something else first and then do that. Anyhow, I am looking at Virgina College in Jacksonville, cause its alot closer then Jacksonville Communuity College. And I requested some more info online last night. So I continued reading into each degree and I think Medical Office Management would be a good one for me to consider. Cause along with looking at the classes I would have to take, it accured to me that I don't know what any of these careers would pay as salary. So I went and did a search and found a website that you can look up any job description and they estimate the amount of salary by the year 2024. So it helped me alittle bit. But I was still confused and thought maybe there is a personality or career test out there that I can take and it can tell me what I am most interested in. So I searched that and did 2 tests...They both came out as Administrative jobs or Office. I do love to type and love computers, so what I did get out of all that was I love typing, love computers, love being around people, and I love doing hair. So I think I am gonna wait and see what information they send me and then I am just gonna have to pick one. I want to start going this fall, so wish me luck on finding something I will like.
No comments:
Post a Comment