Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our Christmas and New Years

Well sorry I have been MIA for awhile. Alot has been going on in our house. My parents have been with us for 2 weeks now and we have had a good time. We've been on the go ALOT! Well since I already told you how spoiled my kids are, I will tell you what happen next. We spent the day after Christmas eatting all the leftovers and snacks and putting together all the girls toys they got for Christmas. Then we went cosmic bowling and ate at the cafe there. We've been to the beach on base and took the fair over to the one you can drive up on. It was in the 70-80's here for 3 days in a roll and boy did we take advantage of it. My parents love the beach. We are all from MO, so we only have lakes and rivers there. Oh yeah and recently we found my oldest daughter Christa a full size bed and box springs and my youngest daughter a twin bed and box springs. They were thrown out here on base and me and my friend Keri went and snatched them, so my Dad brought a full bed frame for Christa, which didn't work, so we went shopping at Sam's Club and they bought one there for her. So Alexa got Christa's old bed frame and I got to finally throw out Christa's old woren out twin mattresses. Anyhow Christa loves her bed now that Papa put the frame on it and its not sitting on the ground..lol So yesterday we went shopping at Target, took Christa and Papa to the theater, and the little ones, me and my mom went to the mall. My Dad promised Christa he would take her to the movies, just him and her. They saw Bedtime Stories while we shopped around the mall. We had fun, but the little ones weren't that good. But we survived. Then we came home unpacked and I went to a friends New Year Eve party on base. I met a few new Navy wives and had fun. My night ended pretty emotional tho. You see I don't drink very often at all, but when I did, I got tipsy pretty fast. Well I guess all these emotions hit me hard, cause I got upset and went home. Nothing against my friends, but I think the fact that my hubby wasn't here to celebrate with me, me missing my friends back in MO because they were texting me to be careful and happy new year. But all in all it was a good night. My girls stayed with my parents and I knew they would be in good hands. Its not everyday that I get to go out and not worry about my kids, so it was alright. Anyhow, today, I woke up achy, but I was feeling good. I got to go shopping by myself for MYSELF today. So I went to Kohls to look for some jeans, well I got a nice pair of Levi jeans and a couple shirts that were on clearance. I love them all. I had to try them on, but they all looked good. So then I went to Walmart and did my grocery shopping and then I went home. We took the girls to McDonalds tonight for Nana And Papa's last night. Also I forgot to mention that I got a flat tire on the van, but Dad put on the spare and then we got a new tire on it the next day. I though thank god that is happened when they were here. Cause that was one of my biggest fears with my hubby being gone. You see my hubby is a good mechanic and I swear he could work on anything mechanical and it will work. Hes good at that kind of stuff. He rebuild the motor in my car for crying out loud. So yeah, its nice being married to a good mechanic. Well here it is the last night with my parents being here. They have been such a big help around here. Also they help me move things out of my sunroom to make it into a play room for the girls. WE put all the rubber mats down and now its a perfect play area for my girls. Also cleaned the outside of my house and helping me organize the inside. So I am very very blessed to have such GREAT parents. So its gonna be a sad day tomorrow. The girls are REALLY gonna miss them. They are so spoiled by Nana and Papa, that I will have to end up being the mean mom and break their bad habits...lol But I just hope we can get back to the swing of things. Oh and also we found a church we will be attending every Sunday. Its great! The girls are in their own classrooms, while I go to mass. So ok I am done rambling...

No comments: