Military Spouse Survey
For The Military Spouses (75 questions)
The Basics
Whats your full name?: Jennifer Marie
And you spouse's full name?: Jeremy Christopher
You age?: will be 28 this Friday (Nov 28th)
Thier age?: 27(28 in April)
When did you meet?: 2004
Where did you meet?: We lived in apartments across from each other. Me with my daughter Christa and him with his 2 girls.
Was it love at first sight?: Well yeah, I knew who he was, but never really knew him, I always thought he was good-looking.
If engaged, how well did the proposal go?: Well he basically proposed in a letter from Bootcamp, but when he got back he asked me too. So it was nice!
Was it all that you expected?: it was ok
If married, how did the wedding go?: Well we did the court house thing...but really I wouldn't change it for the world!!! Just another GREAT story to tell our kids!!
Did they wear thier uniform?: Yes cause we got married 2 hrs after he graduated from Bootcamp...lol
What branch of service is your spouse in?: NAVY
How long have they been in?: 3 1/2 yrs
Did you meet before the military came into the picture?: Yep, we were together a year before he joined
What MOS (job) does your spouse have?: AM
Are you ok with them having that type of job? If not why?: Yeah he is really good at it and seems to enjoy it.
Is your spouse your hero?: Yuppers
Can you tell miltary time?: God yes
Do you understand military lingo?: Uh yeah
And... do you speak it in you everyday language?:Not all the time.
Do you want to get out of the military life?: I am really liking the military life, but part of me would love to get out and buy a house and be closer to family...so either way works for me.
When will yall be out?: Well his first 5 years are up March 2010, so he hasn't decided if he wants to stay or not, but most of the time he says he would love to retire in the Navy, so we'll see.
Do you like the military lifestyle?: Yeah
Why or why not?: It is great, and it is the BEST job security ever!!!
Do you prefer one branch over the other, if so which one?: Definitely NAVY...Yummm love my man in uniform.
Deployment Questions (if this doesnt apply skip it)
Is your spouse deployed?: Yes =(
Have they been deployed?: This is our first deployment
If your spouse is or has been deployed, where to?: Well hes been to Africa and Saudi Arabia so far.
How many deployments have they gone on?: Again this is the 1st.
How do you act during deployments?: Um, I think I am handling it ok. Me and the girls really miss him. I just want him home safe.
What do you do to keep your sanity?: Just keeping busy, teaching, reading, talking to my girls about Daddy, hanging with friends, and I live for those emails and calls from him daily.
Does your spouses family drive you nuts while they are gone?: Not at all, but I do wish they were somewhat more involved.
Whats the hardest thing about a deployment?: Honestly wondering every second of every day if he is ok!! Also I think seeing your kids miss him and to just keep telling them Daddy loves you and miss you, and seeing their sad faces. That is hard for me.
Whats the most common thing you send to you love one?: LOTS OF EMAILS! But in care packages, videos and pics. I think that is the best way to let them know whats going on here at home and makes them feel like they are here with us.
Ok... whats the strangest?:hmm... I guess I haven't really sent any thing strange.
Would you be ok if you spouse deployed again?: Well I would not be happy by any means and I would be totally upset, but yes I would be ok.
I have 3 little girls that I have no choice but to be ok for! We would all be sad but we would for sure get through it if it were to happen!!!
If deployed... When did your spouse leave?: He left us Sept 5 at JAX Airport to fly to VA and there he boarded the USS Roosevelt.
And if so to where?: Somewhere at sea
When are they coming home?: April 2009
Do you know some of the people they are deployed with?: Well I met one of his friends he works with at JAX and him and my hubby are good friends. But I don't know anyone else.
What did yall do on your last day together?:Made a video of him reading to our girls, packed and bought all his stuff for his sea bag, and then well spent the night just holding each other, and well I am not going in to detail here...lol
Did you savor every moment?: Hell yeah we did!!
Do you remember the last thing you said to each other?: "I love you and See you soon" (you never say good-bye its always see you soon!! haha)
No comments:
Post a Comment