Sunday, November 30, 2008

Update after my birthday


Well we didin't do much on my birthday, but hang around the house. But the next day we got paid, so we could finally were able to get groceries and food in the house. So on the way home, I got Mc Donalds for the girls. It just easier that way, so they can eat while I put all the groceries away. Anyhow, we spent the evening at home, when I called Keri and asked her if her family would like to go to O charles to eat for my birthday, since I didn't get to do anything for my birthday. So she called me back and said they would go. So we followed each other there and got a seat pretty fast. Between us, we had 6 kids with us. It was CRAZINESS! But they did alright. So our waiter came and got our drink orders and then we began to order. So I started to order for my girls and I told the waiter Alexa would just eat off me, he goes, "Are you sure their free?" and I looked up at him and go really? and he goes "Well normally its 2 kids to a adult, but he would let them all eat free. I was like "HELL YEAH" So I ordered for Alexa and then myself and Keri and Myles ordered for their family. We got our bread and salads and the kids went nuts for their bread. I had to limit the bread for my girls, so they would eat their meal. Anyhow, I got potato skins and Keri got some kind of chips and cheese combo. That held us over until we got our real food. I got my favorite chicken and onion rings. It was so yummy. So we sat and ate and talked about everything.So when we were done, we rounded up the kids, left our waiter a good tip since he let the kids eat free, and were on our way out and our waiter came walking about behind us with a box and handed it to me and then wished me a Happy Birthday. It was a piece of caramel pie, with whip cream and nuts. I was shocked! So me and the girls decided to stop by walmart, since it was right behind O Charles. We needed to get a star for the top of our tree. So we went and guess what ran into Keri and Myles there too. Of course it was hard to tare the kids away, but me and the girls finally went and looked at the Christmas stuff. Found the perfect star for $6 and it even lite up. So we were on our way up to the cash register and I saw a clearance rack in the womens section. So I went over and looked. Well I ended up trying on one of the puffy white vests that you wear over a long tshirt. I loved the look of it and had been wanting one for awhile, so I got it since it was on Clearance, then we went over to the jewelry section and I found one long necklace I just loved. I had been wanting one for awhile too. I love the looks of the long necklaces cause they dress up our clothes. So this was my gift to me. Of Course we go to Walmart for one thing always leave getting more. But thats all I got and we checked out and were on our way. Got home, got settled and I put the star on the tree and its looks soo good. Me and the girls were very pleased with it. Then we sat and watch Christmas movies the rest of the night.
So today we got up and I cleaned my kitchen and living room and tackled some loads of laundry. Well it started to pour outside and I had to run out in it and shut our back windows in our van. Yeah so I got soaked!! LOL The girls just laughed at me, cause I was wet. Anyhow, my friend's husband was suppose to come over and put up lights on our house outside for me, but since it was raining, I told them another day would be fine. So 1:30pm came around and we were invited to a Tupperware party at my friend Toni's house. Well Keri's husband watched my 2 big girls and I took Alexa with me to the party. It was fun. The lady that demonstrated everything was very nice and also a former Navy Wife. I wanted to buy it all, especially the new pan you can put your chicken in and cook it in the microwave. We even got to try the chicken after she cooked it and it was so yummy and instead of baking it, it was actually really juicy and I was shocked it was only cooked in the microwave. After that she had a turning chopper that sliced food while you turned a crank. So she took volunteers and they cut up strawberries,bananas, kiwi, and apples and then blended them by chopping them up. We then used gram crackers and dipped them in the fruit dip and OMG, it was so good. I thought what a great little snack for kids. And its actually good for you. Even Alexa tried some and loved it! So then we got to pick a $2 item from that she had there and I got one big container. We talked for awhile and then she handed out the order forms. Well they had this really cute little set for kids to play with for only $8.50. It was just a small mixing bowel and spatula and a small pitcher for tea or kool-aid. And even tho it was just their size, its actually usable. So thats what I got the girls for their kitchen. I thought I should get something, being that I came. So the lady also talked me into throwing my own Tupperware party in Dec. I really wanted that chicken cooking dish, cause since hubby is gone for now, anything that would make cooking easier would be GREAT! So she said if I had the party, I could get it for half price, which I know was probably her sales pitch, but she says I would rathar you get it cheaper that way. So what a very nice lady. And I am gonna have one the week after Christmas and she told me that there will be a new catalog out by then. So thats cool, can't wait to invite people, but then when I thought about it, my house will probably be a wreck because of all the toys and things the girls get for Christmas, but O well I think everyone will understand. I hope! Anyway, thats about it for my last 2 days.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I didn't know it was your birthday, so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY HON! Sounds like things are going well and I LOVE your pictures of your tree and stuff you've put up. I am hoping to get that going in the next week once we move a bunch of our stuff over to my parents' house. I NEED DECORATIONS! I'm dying here without being able to put up my stuff outside and the neighbors are all decked out. Take care and I'm glad it was great for you!