Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our First deployment begins today...=(





Well we spend last night getting everything we needed to get done before Jeremy left. He got the car registration, stickers for the car, and the paper for Power of Attorny done. He got the call yesterday that they would be leaving today. So we spent the night, just having fun as a family and finally got our kiddos to sleep so me and Jeremy could have our own ALONE time. I have to say it was a nice last night together as a family.
So we got up this morning, to get dressed, send Christa off to school and me, Jeremy and the little ones headed off to NAS JAX. It was a quiet ride there. We hardly said much, and Jeremy and I held hands. When we got to the base. We had to pick up his friend that was going on the ship with him. So then we drove to the air port. We got in there and waitted around for alittle while and then Jeremy's Senior Cheif came over and introduced himself to me and a couple of the wives. He told us that if we needed anything to call him and he would get whatever it was taken care of. I proceeded to tell him, that I am getting emails from the ombudsman about the ships updates and he looked at one of the other wives and asked if their husband gave them his card of phone #'s and she hook her head no and he looks back and me and asks me to email the ombudsman and remind her to send out a email to all the wives, so they could get the info I had already. So that made me feel like I was on top of things anyway. So then we sat and the girls kept running aournd and not listening, then they would be good. Then his Senior Cheif came back over and told us if we wanted to get some lunch and come back, we could. So we went to Subway to get me and Jeremy a sub and took the girls into Mc Donalds to sit and eat. They were good in there. After a nice lunch with Daddy we went back to the air port where we sat again waitting. They didn't know when their plane would be in and the girls were gettin antsy, so Jeremy walked us out to the van, we did our hugs and kisses and "See ya Laters" said I love you with tears and then he walked back in and we left. It was sad to just leave and not see him board the plane, but when you got 2 little ones that can't sit still, its almost worth leaving, so they don't have to cry anymore and worry about Daddy leaving, ya know. So I drove home and when I got home, I searched and searched for the dang cable remote. I tore the house up and down looking for it and still can't find it. Well while doing that, we recently got a couch from a friend that had cats, well we had cleaned it up and all, but I was running my hands down between the cushions and there must have been cat hair still in there ( I am allergic to cats) and my left eye became swollen and iritated. Thats what my reaction is when I am around cats. So that didn't help. We still never found remote and its hard to believe it just disappeared, because its a pretty big remote from comcast. So I called comcast and asked where I would have to go to get a new remote and she told me there was a comcast off Mayport road and it only cost $5 for a new one. So I am gonna clean my house really good tomorrow again and if I can't find it, I guess I will have to go and buy one. So then I caught Alexa drawing on the walls, Madisyn kept aggervating Alexa, and Christa kept asking me 20 questions about EVERYTHING. I wanted to scream. I have been so emotional today. I was so ready to put the girls to bed at 7pm. But I gave them all a bath. Then checked my email and Jeremy had already emailed me saying they made it to VA and was using the wireless internet there on his laptop. Jeremy gets to take his second class test on the ship. So I really hope he passes. I think he'll do fine. Plus he is taking 2 college classes while hes on there too. I have to buy his books online when he gets paid next and mail them out to him. So Anyhow, as stressful as my day has been, I hope it gets better. Time will tell. I have some pretty creative ideas about care packages to send him and I will probably write letters too. So I can keep myself busy with the girls and hopefully these 7 mths go by fast. Thanks for all the prayers from friends. Please continue to pray for us and my hubby to be safe out at sea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope these 7 months flys by for ya..

Unknown said...

he looks sad in these pictures ;(